Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cats vs My Friends vs Stationary Objects

So today I'm running to my kitchen to get some milk during a commercial. My cat was in the way so i though "no problem ill just jump over it". Great though until she saw me and run directly to where my feet were about to hit the ground.Thankfully i somehow pushed off the wall, and while getting my ribs destroyed by a kitchen chair I managed to not kill my little Jade. Shes all black a lil white on her neck and has green eyes just in case you were curious. So after getting my milk and recovering from my injuries I started to think about how different humans are compared to my cat. 


Ok here is another completely different story ended basically the same way. I was at a party running again to grab a drink again. Ok maybe this story is sort of similar to the other one. My friend (his name is Kyle) was sitting on the ground eating dinner with some other kids. He was in my way and i yelled "lookout" as i leaped over him (why I'm galloping around and refuse to find easier methods of travel is beyond me). BUT unlike Jade, Kyle did not run to where i was about to land. Instead he ducked, threw his hands over his head and I'm pretty sure let out a little girly shriek (I cant say i blame him) But his initial reaction was smart. It was a quick logical decision. He got out of the way of me. Unlike Jade he had experience and knew how to act, as well as that human intuition to avoid danger.


Final example was a good ole Billion pound plant. I was running from someone after possibly unintentionally pushing them off a swing and they were possibly chasing me. So a little idea of the set-up of what was about to happen. This backyard had three or four 1/2 barrels filled with soil and plants in the across the edge of lawn before the driveway. It was dark and they had 2 spotlights for the back yard. Problem was one of these barrels was not illuminated by this light because a truck blocked the light from getting to this particular area. I was unaware of this barrel concealed by darkness and while look behind me and frantically searching for a spot to put my soda down so as not to spill it I got OWNED! by this barrel. Full speed ran into it. I flew a good 5 or 6 feet onto paved driveway. My shin was cut up from the impact of the barrel. my right elbow and left wrist both got scraped up pretty bad (to later get infected) and my Sunkist became a cute little V-shaped piece of art. Needless to say this was not a fun experience. I learned two things from this. 1) Watch where I'm going and 2) Dont kick people of swings.


So through these three different experiences I've learned alot. We cant just expect people or animals to do certain things. I did not expect my cat run in front of me. You have to know the person to understand their actions. I knew Kyle wouldn't be stupid and jump in front me. I also learned to expect the unexpected. To be careful as to where your going and how vastly different three simple things can be.


A few posts to come at once. Schools been overwhelming (not really, I'm just a total post slacker) and Ive been super tired lately. Ill get back on schedule eventually. 


Have a Good One!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha did you get back to your show in time after almost killing Jade?

    ReplyDelete

I apprecaite every comment like ALOT because no one EVER comments, so leave one and check back because I will respond to it.