Thursday, January 14, 2010

mUzak Part I

Well Ive been thinking alot about music lately and want to devote a couple of posts to different genres and my views and ideals compared to popular opinion. 


Screamo/Hardcore in General: Ahh screamo. WHERE INSTEAD OF SINGING I YELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Well not..this is in fact not what screamo is. Screamo is often a balanced amount of singing and screaming..where the singer is telling a story and the screamer..well screams his side. It evokes alot of emotion and sends this emotion shot out on a roller coaster to the depths of the underworld to display it. Where it came from I honestly have no idea. But some of the more well know bands now are A Day To Remember. The Devil Wears Prada. Escape The Fate to name a few...Then it gets reallly heavy and you meet Job For A Cowboy (this dude pig squeals in his songs) and Shadows Fall. Heavy stuff. But this isnt just random stuff their screaming TDWP (The Devil Wears Prada) has many of their songs root with christian underlyings. Another well known band Underoath even mentions Jesus and thanks him at the intro to one cd. So this isnt random crap..its still lyrics and still (forthemostpart) some deep and thought provoking stuff. So maybe, if you can stand it. Listen to some of these people and you might like what you hear.


Have A Good One!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I am responding cuz u appreciate it 'like, A LOT'. I don't think I've ever listened to Screamo, but you are quite persuasive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just so deep and good haha. i love the guitar riffs and double bass too though

    ReplyDelete

I apprecaite every comment like ALOT because no one EVER comments, so leave one and check back because I will respond to it.