Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Forever We Breath

I sat and watched two lovers walking on the beach. The sun setting on a warm summer night. I feel the breeze graze my cheek and the soft spray of sea salt from my seasoned beach chair. The wood worn down and scraped from use and scratches against sand and concrete. I remember a time, back around 93' when I bore my first child that everything seemed so right. We, my wife Heather and myself named him Matthew. It means "Gift of God." This precious child blossomed to becoming a strong and tall well rounded teenager. He was, in our eyes perfect, until his mother died when he was 11. This hit us both. A runaway drunk swerved into the oncoming lane, and when his mother got out of the car, he shot her and then himself. Matt has never been the same since. This probably the biggest reason why he took so many pills. I was there with him in the hospital every time he had an overdose, but his body only last so long before he died last year. 
So Now I sit on the beach twice a week. I remember the beautiful lives lost. This intertwined fate that led to Matt killing himself. Its been hard on me and my brain will never be able to process it all. We sit tonight and breath, each one us, another breath, and another. Take time in life and be respectful to others. Hold a door, say please and thank you. Because you never know when time will hand you another letter saying your wife and son have taken your last breath. Because they hold your breath, and control your life. You do it for undying love and devotion. A hope of a new world! So just remember Forever We Breath.


New layout. feedback would be nice.
Have A Good Night Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you come up with these things? Though I'll never tire of reading such thoughts...its like short stories you read in magazines an say "I really wish they would make this into a novel" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm idk..purely insaneness translated into not my self first person

    ReplyDelete

I apprecaite every comment like ALOT because no one EVER comments, so leave one and check back because I will respond to it.