Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hide My Feelings And Throw Away The Key

    Multitudes of us our lonely at heart. We say that were fine and act all happy and joyous. In reality we bottle up our emotions and take our true feelings and put them in an imaginary safe. We lock them up because we don't want them to escape and affect peoples judgements upon us. It is because of this I get to my topic tonight/tomorning (my newest made up word) which is judging and sterotyping. I wear skinny jeans, say words like "mad" and "hardcore". Am I scene? I shop at Hollister, American Eagle, and Abercrombie & Fitch. Well clearly I'm a prep who only wears polos and ripped jeans. I shop at Salvation Army and other thrift stores. I'm a poor unfortunate soul who lacks fashion sense because I don't know where to shop. People will judge you and sterotype based on every part of you, whether it be your clothes, the music you listen to, and even your goals. Its this unfair and bias judgement that makes so many Teen, Young Adults, even those gettin on in age to base how they act, what they wear all on what other people are going to think of them. This is absolute TRASH. I wear skinny jean, maybe I like the security and how they look on me. I shopped at Hollister, oh em gee, maybe i like how their clothes fit and the feel of them. I mean have you ever felt a hollister polo bought brand new, its Amazing. Oh, and lets not forget my Salvation Army clothes, maybe I just want a simpler lifestyle, I make my own fashion out of worn clothes. 
    We have to look at the ridiculousness of stereotyping people. I'm not saying I don't do it, its become a human inclination to group a person, ever hear of discrimination...bingo. So what I'm trying to say is this; don't judge people on what they look like. Get to truly know a person and how they truly are. Let them show and express all these emotions they've locked away. Ask for the key to their lock and help them open up. Thanx for listening if you actually read the whole thing, this subjects just always bothered me. 


In other news i bought a light grey DC beanie at tjmaxx because it was $7.99 and snowboarding season is coming up.


Have A Good One!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the new layout! You should try making a header of your own in photoshop. It's really easy to upload it right onto your blog! I figured I'd let you know because you're so into photography and stuff like that.

    Anyways, I hate stereotypes too. Why do you think I wear so many ridiculous articles of clothing? :)

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I apprecaite every comment like ALOT because no one EVER comments, so leave one and check back because I will respond to it.