Wednesday, September 16, 2009

That Rhythm Playing In My Skull

Music. Oh! that thing? We listen to it. But what is music. Music isn't just a set of rhythmic beat and harmonies. Music is a living thing. You can hear one song and instantly fall in love or hate it with a passion. We can grow to love some songs and grow out of old ones. The music scene is constantly changing, evolving, growing. As we get older we appreciate different varieties and styles we hadn't enjoyed or may have detested before. Music plays in our head, music moves people to move in what we call dancing. I've enjoyed a wide variety of music ever since i was young. Growing up my mom showed me "3 Doors Down, Alan Jackson, Uncle Kracker, Eifel 65" and this just led me to love what i listen to. I often say "Oh! my iPod would love to have that" because my iPod ( an old and scratched 80g video) I live and have something to be apart of . Music is more than just beats to me, its a way of life, it affects my mood, my persona, even what I want to do. What a good song can do can move more than just a few people, even an entire generation. So I say "THANK YOU" to all those artists giving me new music to listen to and those old devoted ones who keep trucking with the same wonderful tunes we've loved for years!


Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I consider my iPod a person, too!

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I apprecaite every comment like ALOT because no one EVER comments, so leave one and check back because I will respond to it.